I've struggled with the spelling of her first name. I've seen Eudogzie, Eudozie, Dozie. This marriage certificate introduces yet another spelling: Eudoxie. The difference this time is that if you google Eudozie, you get the spelling Eudoxie. So, my current theory, is that Eudoxie is the correct spelling of her name. I've corrected my records as such.
Her actual marriage date is a bit of a mystery. The certificate says 29 February 1910...not a real date! My best guess is that the marriage took place on Sunday, 27 February, and the 7 is being mistaken for a 9.
The witnesses are interesting: Robert Cullen, Hortair Treme, and Georg Duviau. The family has a Cullen connection. Hortair is most likely her brother Arthur Paul (Jr.). On Georg, well I'm not sure who he is, but it's nice to have another name to chase.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.